KSM-66 Ashwagandha Extract Capsules
Ashwagandha, which is scientifically known as Withania somnifera, is a plant that belongs to the nightshade family. It appears as a short perennial herb with bright, orange-red fruit and green, bell-shaped flowers.
The herb, particularly its roots, is one of the foundational components in Ayurvedic medicine and has been used for centuries as a natural dietary supplement, much like ginseng. In traditional use, ashwagandha was used to support vitality and virility. It was also used as an alternative for muscle aches.
While ashwagandha appears in various formulations and extracts, KSM-66 is unique as the highest concentration full-spectrum extract. Full spectrum refers to an extract that contains a balance of components from the original herb instead of over-representing any single component.
How KSM-66 Ashwagandha Extract Capsules Work
The exact mechanisms of action have yet to be determined, though it is understood that ashwagandha is an adaptogen. Adaptogens refer to natural compounds designed to help you adapt to stress and maintain homeostasis.
Much of the herb’s effects come from a blend of its active constituents, which mainly comprise alkaloids like somniferine, tropine, and withanine, along with steroidal lactones known as withanolides. More than 140 withanolides have been identified and isolated in ashwagandha.
KSM-66 Ashwagandha Benefits and Uses
KSM-66 ashwagandha extract benefits are wide ranging. As an adaptogen, ashwagandha creates a sense of relaxation, increasing its potential use as a supplement to support healthy stress levels. Ashwagandha achieves this by reducing the immunosuppressive effects caused by stress and the concentrations of cortisol (the main stress hormone, in your body). This may also be beneficial to those in need of a mood boost. Ashwagandha my produce calming effects, many of which are similar to GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid). Even to those with relatively healthy minds, ashwagandha has shown a generally soothing effect.
As a nootropic, ashwagandha has been shown to promote mental focus. Early studies also suggest that the herb can help to support memory formation and may potentially be used as an alternative to support healthy brain function.
Ashwagandha has also been shown to possess powerful antioxidant properties and neuroprotective abilities. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals, compounds created during the process of cellular oxidation. Free radicals can damage cells in your brain and body, leading to age-related decline. Antioxidants prevent this damage, potentially resulting in greater longevity.
Ashwagandha may promote healthy cellular function. Studies suggest that its soothing properties promote energy and support healthy stress levels.
Ashwagandha has also shown high potential for improving physical health. Research shows that the Ashwagandha herb may promote joint and muscle health.
Why Buy KSM-66 Ashwagandha?
Apart from the benefits we’ve discussed, there are several reasons to buy KSM-66 Ashwagandha.
- High-concentration, full-spectrum extract: 14 years of research and development paid off. Only Ixoreal has managed to refine an extraction process that maintains the natural balance of the constituents in the herb. Through “Green Chemistry” processing, Ixoreal’s science team found a way to holistically process Ashwagandha to preserve efficacy of active constituents in their natural proportions, including withanine, somniferine, tropine, steroidal lactones, and withanolides.
- A safer root-only extract; not made from leaves: Traditional Ayurvedic texts as well as the standard pharmacopoeias of India, Britain, and the U.S. describe solely the root for use. Many other manufacturers include extracts of the leaves, but there is no data supporting the efficacy or safety of such practices. Extracts that include the leaves can gain a higher percentage of overall withanolides, but this comes at the cost of increasing the amount of withaferin A, an undesirable cytotoxic withanolide. KSM-66 is the highest percentage available in root-only Ashwagandha extract at 5% concentration, and the amount of withaferin A found in this extract is negligible and, most importantly, very safe.
- Most extensive studies and research: Ixoreal leads the industry in performing clinical trials and research to investigate effectiveness of Ashwagandha in humans, collaborating with major research and academic institutions. All Ixoreal studies are randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled.
- Efficient pricing for highest-quality product on the market: Ixoreal uses cost-efficient business practices to pass savings on to customers, as it’s the only Ashwagandha manufacturer on the globe that manages its own farms, production facilities, laboratories and research center.
- Certifications you can trust: KSM-66 has attained more than a dozen trusted certifications for product quality and business practices. KSM-66 is 100% USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project verified, Certified Gluten-Free, JK Kosher, and more, as well as being GRAS-affirmed by the FDA. In line with WHO-cGMP and US-FDA, KSM-66 is manufactured in an ISO 9001:2008- and GMP-certified, state-of-the-art cleanroom facility. Additionally, KSM-66 is vegetarian and shelf-stable.
- Superior taste: Ixoreal’s unique extraction process preserves the compounds and lends itself to a neutral taste in foods and beverages. Other manufacturing processes, including hydroalcoholic, lead to a bitter taste.
- Award-winning product: KSM-66 has earned multiple awards.
- “Herbal Industry Leader 2016” by Society for Ethnopharmacology
- “Product Innovation in Botanicals 2014” by Frost and Sullivan
- “Best Botanical Ingredient 2013” at Engredea/Natural Products Expo West
- “Innovative Ingredient of the Year 2012” at Panacea
Always discuss the addition of nootropics and supplements with your doctor or another trusted healthcare professional, and stay informed about how a product might affect your unique body chemistry--everyone is different.
As a dietary supplement, take one 300mg KSM-66® Ashwagandha Extract capsule daily.
Where to Buy KSM-66 Ashwagandha?
Nootropics Depot offers 90ct. or 180ct. jars of KSM-66 Ashwagandha Capsules. Nootropics Depot's KSM-66 Ashwagandha has been lab-tested and verified for both product purity and identity.
Read the KSM-66 ashwagandha reviews and experiences below to learn more.
You may also be interested in KSM-66 ashwagandha extract powder.
Attention: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*Contains Milk Allergens
*Can affect thyroid function. Please speak to your doctor if you have a history of thyroid issues.