What is Krill Oil?
Krill Oil is a mixture of the omega 3 fatty acids Eicosapentaenoic Acid and Docosahexaenoic Acid. These fatty acids, otherwise known as EPA and DHA, are also found in fish oil supplements. However, because these fatty acids found in Krill Oil are in the form of phospholipids, most notably phosphatidylcholine, it is widely accepted that Krill Oil has improved bioavailability in comparison to that of standard fish oil supplements.
The Krill Oil included in Nootropics Depot’s softgel is Neptune Krill Oil harvested from Euphausia Superba (Krill) found in the Antarctic Ocean. Neptune Krill Oil is a high quality Krill Oil certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council, and follows sustainability guidelines set forth by Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources. This Neptune Krill Oil supplement includes essential Omega-3 fatty acids, high phospholipid content, as well as Astaxanthin.
Nootropics Depot’s Krill Oil Capsules are non-GMO and USDA Organic.
Krill Oil Benefits and Uses
Krill Oil benefits and uses may include:
- Support cardiovascular health
- Support cognitive function
- Support joint health
- Support gastric health
- Support a healthy metabolism
- Support healthy stress levels.
Krill Oil Studies
- Krill Oil capsules as a natural nootropic: Krill Oil is also gaining popularity as a natural nootropic supplement. Researchers have noted that the Phospholipids found in krill oil has increased performance in a radial maze tests in adult rats.
- Krill Oil supplements may support cardiovascular health: Research has confirmed a Krill Oil supplement increases the omega-3 content of cardiac tissue in rats.
Krill Oil vs. Fish Oil: Which is Better?
While both Krill Oil and Fish Oil provide the Omega 3 Fatty Acids known as DHA and EPA as well as other distinct benefits, Krill Oil is unique because of the following:
- Bioavailability of Krill Oil: Krill Oil's omega 3 fatty acids are attached to phospholipids whereas Fish Oil's omega 3 fatty acids are attached to triglycerides. This means that Krill Oil is easier for our intestines to absorb. As a result, a smaller Krill Oil dosage is required for the same Omega 3 health benefits in comparison to that of Fish Oil.
- Improved Taste of Krill Oil: Fish Oil is notorious for an unpalatable, fishy after-flavor. Generally, Krill Oil capsules are smaller and easier to swallow due to the smaller, necessary dosage.
- Stability of Krill Oil: Krill Oil contains Astaxanthin, which may act as a natural free radical scavenger. This means that astaxanthin helps prevent spoiling.
- Purity of Krill Oil: Krill has a shorter lifespan and is harvested in the Antarctic ocean which is the cleanest ocean on the planet. Additionally, Krill is at the bottom of the food chain and feed off of phytoplankton instead of other fish that may have accumulated mercury or other potential toxins.
- Sustainability of Krill Oil: It is estimated that only 1% of Krill are harvested each year making it considerably more sustainable than fish oil sources such as cod or salmon. In fact, the biomass of Krill is more than double than that of human beings. Moreover, the Antarctic krill population is highly monitored by The Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (otherwise known as CCAMLR).
Krill Oil Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1 Softgel Capsule
||Amount Per Serving
||% Daily Value
|Calories from Fat
|Pure Krill Oil - NKO
| EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)
| DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)
*No Daily Value Established
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Glycerin, Purified Water, Sorbitol
NKO™ Neptune Krill Oil Dosage
As a dietary supplement, take one to two 500mg Krill oil capsules daily.
NKO™ Neptune Krill Oil Reviews
To gain more insight, read the Krill Oil reviews and experiences below. You may also like our fish oil supplements.
Where to Buy NKO™ Neptune Krill Oil Supplements?
Nootropics Depot offers 60ct. jars of high quality Krill Oil Capsules (500mg). Nootropics Depot's Krill Oil has been lab-tested and verified for both product purity and identity.
ATTENTION: People with seafood allergy, coagulopathy or taking anticoagulants or other medications should notify their physician and be tested prior to taking fish oil supplements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
ATTENTION: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.