What Is Alcohol Defense?
When taken after drinking, Alcohol Defense is designed to speed up the metabolization of alcohol and its metabolites. It contains the following active ingredients:
- Dihydromyricetin - A flavanol found in a number of plants that blocks alcohol from binding to the GABAa receptor. Dihydromyricetin also supports liver health, neutralizes alcohol levels in the body.
- Pyroglutamic Acid - An amino acid that is an intermediate in the glutathione cycle. Pyroglutamic acid can help protect cells from osmotic stress and antagonize alcohol’s effects on the NMDA receptors.
- Succinic Acid - An intermediate in the tricarboxylic acid cycle, which creates ATP in mitochondria. Succinic acid activates the degradation of acetaldehyde, the main toxic metabolite of alcohol.
- Ginger Extract (20% Gingerols + Shogaols) - Ginger regulates the effects of alcohol. Ginger is also a potent 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, which regulates stomach upset and the reinforcing effects of alcohol.
- Pyridoxal 5’-phosphate - An active form of vitamin B6, which is a coenzyme in a number of crucial processes in the body. Alcohol consumption lowers pyridoxal 5-phosphate levels, so supplementation brings those levels back to normal.
Alcohol Defense’s unique formulation is exclusive to Natrium Health. Alcohol Defense is made in the USA with US and Imported Ingredients.
How Does Alcohol Defense Work?
When taken after drinking, Alcohol Defense promotes the healthy metabolization of alcohol.* Here’s how it works...
1. Increases activity of Alcohol Dehydrogenase, speeding up the metabolism of alcohol.*
2. Increases activity of Acetaldehyde Dehydrogenase, regulating the buildup of acetaldehyde: *
3. Blocks alcohol from binding to the GABAa receptor, the primary receptor behind alcohol’s intoxicating effects.*
4. Blocks alcohol from binding to the 5-HT3 receptor, both neutralizing stomach upset and some of alcohol’s intoxicating effects.*
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules daily with a large glass of water AFTER drinking. DO NOT take Alcohol Defense before drinking, or it may interfere with your ability to feel the effects of alcohol. Alcohol Defense is NOT a replacement for water, and should NOT be used to consume more alcohol than you normally would. Always stay hydrated and consume alcohol in moderation. Please drink responsibly.*
Attention: *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent a disease.