What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Injuv is a proprietary, low molecular weight hyaluronic acid complex with high oral bioavailability, clinically proven to promote moisture content for more youthful-looking skin. Injuv hyaluronic acid softgels work by moisturizing from the inside out. Hyaluronic acid is one of the main components of the extracellular matrix, which is the gel-like medium that houses the cells of the connective tissue, cartilage, and skin.
Age and time take their toll on skin. Skin becomes dry and hyaluronic acid levels decrease, further exacerbating the moisture loss problem. Injuv helps replenish what time has stripped away. Hyaluronic acid is found in significant amounts in all layers of the skin, including the epidermis, the outermost layer of skin visible to the world. Unfortunately, hyaluronic acid levels decrease while we age, which contributes to dull and wrinkled looking skin over time.
Injuv Softgels Hightlights
- Easily Absorbed. Injuv is manufactured through an enzyme-cleaving technique that dramatically reduces the molecular weight of hyaluronic acid — without altering its chemical nature — allowing for easy absorption. In its natural state, oral hyaluronic acid is a high molecular weight substance that is too large to be absorbed through the intestinal tract. As a result, most hyaluronic acid supplements are simply excreted, with no benefits seen.
- Clinically proven effective. A randomized, placebo-controlled human clinical trial found that subjects who took Injuv showed a statistically significant increase in skin moisture content compared to both baseline and placebo.
- Delivered to the Skin. The absorption and delivery of Injuv has been demonstrated.
- Natural Source. Injuv is derived from rooster combs, which have been safely used as a source of hyaluronic acid for more than 20 years.
Hyaluronic Acid Benefits and Uses
With age, the cells in the epidermis, which were once closely woven together like a water-tight basket, begin to separate from each other. As a result, the cells let more water evaporate from the skin — which makes it look prematurely old. Thus, aging skin is hit with a double whammy: moisture loss from the lack of hyaluronic acid and moisture loss from the separation of skin cells in the epidermis.
- Promotes skin health
- Supports healthy healing processes
In addition, Hyaluronic Acid benefits include:
- Hyaluronic Acid regulates transepidermal moisture loss, making skin look plump and diminishing wrinkles.
- Hyaluronic Acid isolates and protects skin cells, giving them “breathing space.”
- Hyaluronic Acid allows for the easy flow of nutrients to the epidermis, and toxins and metabolic waste from it, supporting even skin tone.
- Hyaluronic Acid helps regulate the life cycle of skin cells, increasing their longevity, as well as the efficiency of their maintenance and repair.
- Hyaluronic Acid may help the body eliminate the dead outer layer of skin cells and force skin to regenerate, acting like an internal exfoliant to reveal fresher, younger-looking skin.
Hyaluronic Acid For Skin: The Inside-Out Moisturizer
Hyaluronic acid is also found in significant quantities within the skin, including the epidermis. In fact, close to 50% of all hyaluronic acid in our bodies is found in the skin. The job of the epidermis is to serve as a barrier to the external environment, and the purpose of hyaluronic acid is to reinforce that barrier. In other words, hyaluronic acid keeps the bad elements like pollutants from entering the skin, while keeping the good elements primarily moisture from exiting. How does it work? In layman’s terms, hyaluronic acid works like a sponge to retain water within the skin, keeping it looking fresh and youthful.
The distribution of hyaluronic acid within the layers of skin changes as we age. Fetal epidermal tissues are rich in hyaluronic acid. This is why most believe that baby skin recovers quicker and more completely from an injury. As we get older, the hyaluronic acid moves downward through deeper layers of skin while hyaluronic levels steadily lessen in the upper layers of the epidermis and rise in the lower layers of the dermis. The loss of hyaluronic acid is part of what makes skin look wrinkled and dull. As a result, structures that rely on the moisture from hyaluronic acid like collagen and elastin become brittle and can lose their structural function. However, hyaluronic acid in the epidermis only has a half life 24 hours, meaning it needs to constantly be renewed.
The Absorption Dilemma and the Injuv Solution
The obvious solution to declining levels of skin hyaluronic acid is to take an oral hyaluronic acid supplement. However, there’s just one problem. Hyaluronic acid in its natural state is too large to be absorbed via the intestinal tract, meaning our bodies excrete most hyaluronic acid supplements without getting a chance to experience the hyaluronic acid benefits.
Fortunately, Injuv is different. Injuv is formulated with a proprietary low molecular weight hyaluronic acid specially designed for high oral bioavailability. Due to its small size and low molecular weight, Injuv hyaluronic acid is easily absorbed through the epithelial cells of the intestinal tract. Size exclusion high-performance liquid chromatography has verified that the low molecular weight hyaluronic acids contained in Injuv are estimated to be between 1,500 and 5,000 Daltons — less than one percent of their original size, allowing hyaluronic acid to be absorbed.
Of course, it doesn’t matter if something is absorbed if it’s not delivered where it’s needed in the body. The absorption and delivery of Injuv hyaluronic acid for skin has been demonstrated using a well-established animal model to measure skin rejuvenating properties. The physiological activity of Injuv — illustrated by the fact that rats treated with oral Injuv experienced significant healthy skin promoting characteristics compared to those given placebo — is a reliable indicator that Injuv is absorbed and delivered to the target tissue: the skin. A study in mice found that oral administration of Injuv® (3000 mg/kg) significantly promoted healthy healing processes compared to placebo after only three days.
Standardized to 9% Hyaluronic acid
Injuv Original Research Study Finds Injuv Supports Skin Moisture Content
A placebo-controlled human study was undertaken to determine whether Injuv could support the moisture content of the skin. A total of 107 volunteers aged 30 to 50 years, with an average age of 45, were randomly assigned to take either Injuv (two 70-mg soft gels twice daily) or placebo for 30 days. Skin surface moisture content was measured before and after supplementation using an SHP88 probe. Subjects who took Injuv showed a statistically significant increase in skin moisture content compared to both baseline and placebo.
Injuv Hyaluronic Acid Dosage
As a dietary supplement, take one 70mg injuv hyaluronic acid softgel daily.
To gain more insight, see the injuv softgels reviews and experiences below.
Where to Buy Injuv Hyaluronic Acid
Nootropics Depot offers 60ct. And 120ct. Jars of high quality Injuv hyaluronic acid softgels. Nootropics Depot’s Injuv has been lab-tested and verified for both product purity and identity.
Attention: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.