Why Should I Take OmegaTAU V?
Have you been interested in trying out our take on the Mr. Happy Stack but have felt left out because you are vegan, vegetarian or simply do not enjoy consuming fish based products? If this is the case, then we have the solution for you right here, a vegan friendly version of OmegaTAU!
Not only did we swap out the high bioavailability availOM fish oil powder with similarly high bioavailability Availom Algae powder, we also made this stack specifically for covering the basics for vegans and vegetarians. Vegans and vegetarians are often low in DHA, so the availOM high DHA powder helps attenuate this common deficiency. However, there are more deficiencies vegans and vegetarians experience that can have impacts on cognitive function. These are primarily vitamin B12, Iodine, Iron and selenium. With this in mind, we also included these essential vitamins and minerals in our vegan friendly version of the Mr. Happy Stack!
What is OmegaTAU-V?
OmegaTAU-V is a cutting edge vegan friendly version of the legendary Mr. Happy Stack. This stack was composed through a community effort on the longecity forum many years ago, with the intention of enhancing cognitive function and mood. However, the stack depends on animal based ingredients, and thus, utilizing the stack as a vegetarian or vegan has historically been a little tricky. This is especially true because high quality vegan DHA sources are very hard to find. This all changes with OmegaTAU-V, which not only is vegan friendly, but already is an all in one stack. It doesn’t get much more convenient than this!
Instead of just swapping out the fish derived DHA, with algae derived DHA, we also added in essential vitamins and minerals which vegans and vegetarians are commonly low in. These vitamin and mineral deficiencies could also have a negative effect on cognitive function. With this in mind, the cognitive effects of OmegaTAU-V will be even more dialed in for vegans and vegetarians. Without further adieu, let’s jump into the formulation!
- Availom high bioavailability Algae powder: This cutting edge, vegan high DHA algae powder allowed us to formulate in a dry powder capsule. Furthermore, availom provides great bioavailability, further helping to dial in this stack.
- Triacetyluridine: This version of uridine is optimized for oral absorption. A lower dose when compared to uridine monophosphate also allowed us to fit more algae oil powder in the capsules.
- Vitamin E: Another integral part of the classic Mr. Happy stack. Vitamin E appears to enhance the overall effectiveness of this stack.
- Sesamin: This is one of our unique additions to the classic Mr. Happy stack. Sesamin helps recycle vitamin E levels, further adding to the vitamin E activity. Sesamin itself also has positive effects on cognition and in our testing seemed to add an extra layer of effects to the stack.
- Alpha-GPC: This is another integral part of the original Mr. Happy stack and helps dial in the overall cognition-enhancing effects.
- Folate (as L-5-MTHF): This high bioavailability form of folate helps prevent the potential for folate levels to drop due to uridine supplementation. A low dose is all that is necessary and further helps dial in uridine’s beneficial effects.
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin): Vegans and vegetarians tend to have low vitamin B12 status. This is important to note, because vitamin B12 is crucial for cognitive function. With this in mind, we added in a solid dose of one of the best forms of vitamin B12 around, methylcobalamin!
- Iodine (as potassium iodide): Vegans and vegetarians tend to be deficient in iodine, which can also have undesirable impacts on cognitive function and energy levels. With this in mind, we added a small dose of iodine to help round out this stack.
- Iron (as iron bisglycinate): Iron is another important mineral that vegans and vegetarians tend to be low in. Since iron also plays an important role in cognitive function, we added in a high bioavailability iron chelate.
- Selenium (from Saccharomyces cerevisiae): Last but not least, selenium! Selenium is another highly important mineral that vegans and vegetarians also tend to be low in. It works hand in hand with glutathione, and has a significant antioxidant effect. It also helps protect our brains, and with this in mind, it was the perfect final addition to OmegaTAU-V!
OmegaTAU V Benefits & Uses
OmegaTAU-V has a very interesting set of effects that spans a wide range of cognitive enhancement goals. First and foremost, OmegaTAU-V provides all of the building blocks for cellular membranes, namely DHA, Uridine and Choline. Furthermore, OmegaTAU-V specifically is designed around enhancing neuronal membrane function and going even deeper, enhancing synaptic formation and function. This makes OmegaTAU-V an excellent candidate for any vegan or vegetarian nootropics enthusiast looking to generally enhance their brain health and cognitive function, by laying a strong foundation. This also makes OmegaTAU-V a great daily supplement that will likely help enhance the activity of more exotic nootropics and plants. The way we often use OmegaTAU-V at the office is like a nootropic “multivitamin”. Basically providing the fuel we need for the neurological goals we are working towards. This is especially the case with this vegan friendly formulation, which provides the vitamins and minerals that vegans and vegetarians are most often deficient in!
A more surprising effect is that OmegaTAU-V appears to help sensitize the dopaminergic system, which has the added benefit of making us more sensitive to commonly utilized stimulants such as caffeine. This can prove majorly beneficial for those of us who wish to lower our caffeine intake while still reaping most of the caffeine benefits we desire. With this in mind, OmegaTAU-V is also a great stack for enhancing overall mood and mental clarity.
The inclusion of both algae oil and sesamin may also add another effect to this stack, enhancing metabolic health! It has been shown that sesamin by itself has a good effect on enhancing hepatic fatty acid oxidation which is great for overall metabolic health and also liver health. However, it was found that when sesamin was supplemented alongside omega-3 oils, the hepatic fatty acid oxidation rate went up significantly. This indicates a highly synergistic effect between the two and further indicates the fact that OmegaTAU-V is a great daily general health and cognition booster!
To sum it up, when you take OmegaTAU-V daily, you may experience
- Enhanced neurological health by enhancing the rate of neuronal membrane synthesis via the combination of uridine, DHA, and choline
- Enhanced synaptic formation and function via the triacetyluridine content
- Enhanced dopaminergic sensitivity via the triacetyluridine content
- Enhanced mood and mental clarity via the triacetyluridine content
- Enhanced metabolic health via the combination of uridine and algae oil
- Enhanced liver health via the combination of uridine and algae oil
- Improved vitamin B12 status
- Improved iodine status
- Improved iron status
- Improved selenium status
Who Should Take OmegaTAU-V?
OmegaTAU-V is quite a unique offering in the nootropics world, being one of the first products specifically catered to enhancing cognitive function in vegans and vegetarians. By starting with a proven base formula, and producing a vegan friendly version of it, we ended up with quite a unique product. However, adding in essential vitamins and minerals which vegans and vegetarians are often low in, and often supplement with, we ended up with an incredibly useful product! This should cover the majority of your bases as a vegan or vegetarian, and can be taken as a “nootropic multivitamin”.
That all being said, omegaTAU-V is actually also a very interesting option for non-vegans/vegetarians, especially if you are someone who only occasionally consumes meat. In fact, a few of us at Nootropics Depot who fit into this category, have switched to OmegaTAU-V. The addition of the extra vitamins and minerals makes this an incredibly functional product. In addition to this, algae is more sustainable than fish, so if you care about the sustainability aspect, this is also a fantastic product for you.
As we mentioned above, OmegaTAU-V could also prove very helpful in enhancing the activity of other nootropics and supplements. We encourage experimenting with this, but to get the ball rolling, we have designed three different stack ideas utilizing OmegaTAU-V!
The Focus and Motivation Stack: OmegaTAU-V + Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL (ALCAR) Capsules
Vegans and vegetarians also often tend to be low in the amino acid L-carnitine. This provides us with a unique stack opportunity, because the acetylated form of L-Carnitine (ALCAR), is fantastic at promoting focus and motivation! When taken together, the cholinergic effects of OmegaTAU-V will also become more pronounced, because ALCAR is actually responsible for turning choline into acetylcholine!
The Memory Stack: OmegaTAU-V + Creatine Monohydrate Powder
Vegans and vegetarians are also commonly low in creatine, and a few famous studies showed that while creatine monohydrate appears to enhance cognitive function in most individuals, this effect was especially pronounced in vegans and vegetarians. Thus, by stacking OmegaTAU-V with creatine monohydrate, you are attenuating another potential deficiency, while also helping to dial in memory and overall cognitive function!
The All Rounder Stack: OmegaTAU-V + ClariMAG Capsules
Most people, regardless of being vegan or vegetarian, are low on magnesium. Magnesium is another very important mineral for cognitive function, thus stacking it with OmegaTAU-V is a no-brainer! This all rounder stack actually combines two different natrium products for the most well rounded stack. Utilizing our new ClariMAG stack, you are able to enhance your magnesium status, while also dialing in mental clarity, something which OmegaTAU-V also excels in. Taken together, the effects profile consists of crisp mental clarity, enhanced mood and improved memory!
OmegaTAU V Dosage
As a dietary supplement, take two capsules of OmegaTAU V daily.
OmegaTAU V Reviews
To gain more insight, see the OmegaTAU V reviews and experiences below.
Where to Buy OmegaTAU V
Nootropics Depot offers 30ct. or 60ct. jars of high-quality OmegaTAU V. Nootropics Depot’s OmegaTAU V has been lab-tested and verified for both product purity and identity.
Attention: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.